Who we are?
Step by Step Program Bulgaria was established as an NGO by Open Society Foundation on March 12th 1998.
Education of the XXI century
- Dissemination and implementation of the ideas for democratic education in Bulgaria;
- Introducing new educational technologies;
- Encouraging the family involvement in education;
- Providing equal access to quality education for minority children, with disabilities and children in social isolation.
- Developing projects for infant and toddlers, preschools, mainstream and special schools and pedagogical faculties for training faculty teachers, students, principals, teachers and parents;
- Developing projects for quality education of minority children, children with disabilities and children in social isolation;
- Suggesting educational technologies and strategies related to interactive methods for education and organization of a child-centered educational environment;
- Monitoring, assessing and researching educational projects;
- Developing and disseminating methodological literature for innovative educational technologies.
||Chairman of Board:
||assoc. prof. Zdravko Popov, PhD
||assoc.prof. Maria Alexieva, PhD
||assoc. prof. Emil Buzov, PhD|
The Step by Step Program Foundation implements the following projects:
- Infant and Toddler Groups Project
- Preschool Project
- Primary School Project
- Higher Education Project
- Teachers for Multilingual – Multiethnic Europe Project
- Promoting the Integration of the Roma Project, subcomponent Access to Education and Training for Roma Representatives to Work in Public Administration and Police Structures
- Special Schools Project
- Preschools – Model Sites
- Schools – Model Sites
- Shumen Municipality - Model Site Project
- Roma Education Initiative, Promoting Access to Quality Education and Desegregation of Roma Project
- Reducing Risk of prostitution and Trafficking of Economically Disadvantaged Children in Target Areas in Russe, Bulgaria Project
- Creating Caring and Responsible Classroom Project